Tiny Truth's Illustrated Children's Bible : Sharing The Gospel with Our Children
When I first decided to homeschool I realized that one major reason why was to fulfill my desire to be able to teach my children about Christ in every facet of education. I never wanted to teach "religion" as a separate academic course but rather I desired and still desire to show Christ in math, science, reading, writing, and history. Each day before we get into our other lessons we read a bit from a real Bible, say hebrew prayers/blessings and then read from our Children's Bible. My kids have taken to the Tiny Truths Illustrated Bible like no other! They love the stories and often will get up and start acting it out! It can get crazy but hey that's how they worship our Creator!
I'm so thankful to have been able to partner with ZonderKidz to review this wonderful resource for our children.
A few things I loved about The Tiny Truths Illustrated Bible;
1. The author's background. I believe that it is important to note that the author of this children's bible grew up partially in Nigeria and England. Nigeria has a rich history of Christianity and many of the people groups in Nigeria held off and are still holding off to Islamic pressure of conversion. There's a lot of unnamed martyrs in Nigeria and I believe it does influence how we view our faith to experience our faith in different cultural context.
2. The full storytelling. Children have short attention spans. Period. They just do. There's not a whole lot we need to do about that as they develop those attention spans mature and develop as well. For now with a 4 and 2 year old I want to be able to hit the main points while they are still fully engaged. This resource allows me to have a chance at doing just that. The story is told and the main truth of that text that should come through for a child is highlighted and repeated so that my children walk away understanding what I want them to understand.
3. Question Asking. One of the best ways to engage children and spark their creative juices is to ask questions. In each story, somewhere in the middle, the author inserts reflection questions as apart of the bigger story. These have been so helpful for my kids to really put themselves in each biblical character's shoes and ask themselves those questions.
4. The illustrations. Historical accuracy is a thing in my family. We only purchase biblical resources for teaching that depict men and women of Israel in an accurate way. They were brown people (albeit different shades), and wore clothing that included turbans, beards, veils and the like. We love the amazing work that Tim Penner did when illustrating characters such as Rahab, Sarah, Jesus, King David and even Adam and Eve.
This is a must have in your family library and the company is doing a GIVEAWAY! To enter click the link below!!!




Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. Kinderkleding
ReplyDeleteBefore you go out on the town to shop, take some time with your tweens and more seasoned children to set reasonable expectations of what they need and what you can manage. Jongenskleding
ReplyDeleteOn the off chance that you are on a budget and don't have endless cash to spend on children's clothing, you can still have your child dress in fashion and spend a reasonable amount of cash.Babykledij
ReplyDeleteChores are important because children will have to think and make decisions on the best and quickest way to complete the chores. This kind of thought process can help children become organized and learn how to take their responsibilities seriously.No more fighting at school
ReplyDelete