On Mothers Finding Time To Read..

On Mothers Finding Time To Read.........

Written by: Candee Zarah Rue


I've been noticing a trend in conversation. Women, usually mothers, ask both myself and other moms who read often when we find time to read. It's a bizarre question to me because finding time to read is easy for me. Finding time to clean, cook, develop my business, workout, watch tv, actually post cool things online and the many other things the average person does daily comes with much effort to me. I force myself to do the dishes, pick up toys, vacuum, and get a business plan going. I'm addicted to books the way many are addicted to Snapchat, Facebook and other streams of Social Media. I personally get on Instagram in order to feel included/connected and to release some of what I'm reading. As an introvert, it is easy for me to hermit all day and to neglect doing tasks. I don't have much advice to help someone who doesn't have the motivation to read but just "wishes they read more". I'm more of a believer in giving practical tips to those who are intrinsically motivated because that's what I understand most. 

If you are truly wanting to find time to read and have stepped out and tried to start a few books (or finish a few that you started and allowed to grow ancient) here are a few practical tips to get you back into the groove of knocking out that book club read! 
1. Grab books that are relevant to you now

2. Set loose goals for yourself. (finish 3 chapters by the end of the week)

3. If you can read an Instagram or Facebook post, you can for certain, read a few pages in a book. 
We often say that we don't have time to read. That's usually not the truth. We simply feel that they don't have time. If we are realistic with ourselves we have 5 minutes here and 20 minutes there. maximize your time by switching what you read. Instead of reading social media posts grab your book! 

4. Read outside or in the bathtub

5. Find a friend to read the same book with. You'll have a legit reason to get together or WhatsApp each other and you'll grow closer from discussing your thoughts on the book. 

I don't have any miracle tips for you but hopefully, with these simple suggestions, you can get reading. 

Zarah's Recommended Reading List 
(I read and finished these over the summer!)





2. Nicholas Sparks', "Nights in Rodanthe"


3. The Bible, "The Scriptures"
 (finally finished this great translation after 7 months!)

4. Rabbi Telushkin's, "A Code of Jewish Ethics" Volume I and II.
  

These are excellent fall reads as some of them demand more time for processing the information! Another great read for the fall (and any other time of year) is the book I wrote! 
















No comments:

Powered by Blogger.